- Make a barn out of butcher paper. I used red paper and painted on the details to make it look like a barn.
- Cut out a piece of brown butcher paper for sand and blue for a pond. I scrunch the paper into a ball before I spread it out and staple it to the board. It gives it a nice look.
- For the grass, I shredded green A4 paper.
- For the title, I used the die cut machine to cut out the letters and glued each word on a cloud shape.
- Once you have all your background pieces, staple them to your board, and add a border.
- Now for the best part! After discussing each animal that lives on a farm, have the children make various animal crafts and add them to the board; my kids made handprint sheep, paper plate cows, and paper ducks. I will probably add more animals next year.
- After the children learned that chickens lay eggs on a farm, they colored a picture of a chicken, glued shredded paper for a nest, and added two eggs. Too cute!